Saturday, April 3, 2010

I wish I owned this place so I could actually go through with it...

Dear Robin (sic),

I appreciate that you are such a quiet neighbour. However, I would like you to know that I was awakened at 3 a.m. last night because of some noise (which I believe originated from your apartment).

Regards,

Weirdo.

Dear Weirdo,

I appreciate that you usually have a life. However, I would like you to know that you did not have one at 3 am last night. You also did not have one this morning, when you took time to compose and type an overly formal letter to me. I trust that you will take measures to remedy this situation, and regain said life in order to preserve the quiet, peaceful character of this building.

I would also like to draw your attention to the severe winds that were in effect April 2-3, 2010, which caused a severe rattling of windows and blowing about of garbage cans, and were likely the source of said noise. Although I am 25 years younger than you, unfortunately I did not cause this phenomenon just to annoy you, and thus cannot accept the blame.

Regards,

Robyn.

3 comments:

  1. You should slide a note under his door with the exact same accusation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you can earn some cash on the side helping people compose witty responses to neighbours with a propensity towards insomnia. A family friend was politely told by neighbours that a late-returning daughter awakened them by opening their garage door (presumably to park their car in it). Lately they received a letter from the city stating that their neighbours had written to them because their dog was barking at 8 p.m., thereby waking their children.

    I would contend that the kids simply didn't want to go to bed in broad daylight.

    ReplyDelete