Monday, November 16, 2009

Blondes have more fun?

If so, I feel really sorry for all the brunettes and redheads out there.

The truth is, at least in Canada , that the cult of the blonde has been dead for a very, very long time. Just ask any blonde who's ever tried to get a date in Vancouver. Before I met my gorgeous boyfriend, this was my typical interaction with men:

Guy: “Hi, my name's Guy.”
Me: “Hi, nice to meet you.”
Guy: “I should tell you right now, I don’t like blondes.”
Me: “Um…”
Guy: “I was just wondering – is your friend over there single?”

True story. Eventually I fell into the role of Designated Cockblocker for my girlfriends. Since I was usually unoccupied, it was up to me to rescue the brunettes from constant hordes of ravening, voracious men.

Anyways, happy ending, though. One day, I happened to run into a cute guy who offered to buy me a drink - and not in order to appease the Strange Guardian of Hot Brunettes!

So, brunettes, I'm telling you: RELAX. You don't need to buy any more custom t-shirts advertising your superiority. You don't need to go on rants about how guys only want those vapid cookie-cutter blondes, while ignoring your unique nonconformist edginess. Because look around you - you've already won!

No need to kick those poor blondes when they're down.

No comments:

Post a Comment