Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Boo!


I have no idea what to be for Hallowe'en. So, when I passed a costume shop the other day, I decided to browse. And, not to go on a feminist rant or anything, but there was a definite theme to all the girls' costume kits.

I learned that I can be either a Playboy Bunny, a slutty vampire, a slutty nurse, a slutty pirate, a slutty cop, a slutty schoolgirl, a slutty nun, a slutty witch, or, if this is all too subtle for me, a stripper.

What a world of opportunity.

I decided to skip the kits, and headed to Google to find some creative costume ideas. (And yes, I am fully aware of the irony involved in googling “creative ideas.”) To my dismay, most ideas provided by Google revolved around bad puns. For example:

Chain Smoker: Wrap chains around yourself and have a pack of cigarettes sticking out of your shirt pocket.

Under the Weather: On a hat attach clouds (cardboard and cotton balls), the sun, lightning bolts and raindrops.

Hmmm.

Am I better off as a Playboy bunny or a walking pun? I honestly don't know. The search continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment